Android MySQL Master Detail RecyclerView
- Programming GalaxyAndroid MySQL Master detail tutorial.
- The component we use is RecyclerView.
- We shall have two activities,the Master Activity and the Detail Activity.
- The Master Activity contains a RecyclerView with data from MySQL database.
- The Detail Activity contains the details of each particular data object.
- Each RecyclerView ViewItem shall contain a data object,its details we show in the Detail Activity when clicked.
- We use HttpURLConnection for networking with AsyncTask for threading.
RecyclerView Master Detail With MySQL database data
This is a simple android MySQL Master Detail tutorial.
![RecyclerView MySQL](demos/Project Structure.PNG "Android RecyclerView Master Detail Images and Text")
- We have two activities : MainActivity,the master activity as well as DetailActivity.
- The master activity shall contain a RecyclerView with images and text in cardviews.
When a viewitem is cliced we open detail activity and pass data.
- Our images we fetch from a local site.
- You have to create a database and table and fill it with data.You can use tools like PHPMyAdmin. ![RecyclerView MySQL](demos/table structure.PNG "Android RecyclerView Master Detail Images and Text Table Structure")
The Master Page :
- Contains a RecyclerView with our List of data.
- Each ViewItem is CardView with textview and imageview. ![RecyclerView MySQL](demos/MySQL RecyclerView MasterPage.PNG "Android RecyclerView Master Detail Images and Text")
The Detail Page :
- The detail page.
- Displays each data objects properties in a new activity.
- The data is passed from the Master Activity via intents. ![RecyclerView MySQL](demos/MySQL RecyclerView DetailPage.PNG "Android RecyclerView Master Detail Images and Text")