The Cuckoos as the name goes is a Fairy Tales App built to teach a variety of modern technologies in the easiest way possible, without much UI stuff standing in your way. The project will teach you the following:
- Full App Development using Java Programming Language
- RxJava2 reactive programming
- Clean Architecture
- Model View ViewModel
- PHP MySQL CRUD
The app works as follows:
- User publishes a short Tale.
- The Tale gets published in mysql database online.
- The Tales are auto-downloaded so users can view a list of tales.
- User can read an individual tale.
- User can edit/update a tale
- User can delete a tale.
- As user scrolls more tales are added at the bottom until we reach the last published tale. Basically endless scroll pagination.
- Users can search Tales.
- Tales are also cached locally in SQLite database via Room. Next time uses starts the app, he/she won’t need to re-download the tales, the simply get fetched from Room.