Why listen to music from your device using media players created by other developers when you yourself are a developer. Yeah those media players are probably better than what you can build with your hands but you gotta start somewhere. Start with this simple project we’ve created for you. It’s a free project and is designed to teach you how to do the following:
- Load all songs from any android device and list them in recyclerview.
- Play a song when play button is clicked.
- Show song progress as the music plays.
- Pause a song when user clicks pause button.
- Jump/Seek to given period of song when user clicks the seekbar/progressbar.
- Automatically move to next song in the list when current song finishes.
- When we reach end of the list, move to the first song and start again.
- Navigate to next song when next button is clicked.
- Navigate to previous song when previous button is clicked.
- Design Music Player Controls widget.
- MVVM – Model View ViewModel.
This project is written in Java and utilises the inbuilt MediaPlayer APIs. In short we want to give you a template to use if you are a complete newbie when it comes to working with MediaPlayer.
Read documentation here.