Learn how to import markdown to WordPress as posts.
Alot of people especially those from a developer background tend to prefer writing their posts or custom post types in markdown. It is really convenient, all you need is basic understanding or markdown syntax and a good editor like Visual Studio code.
Then you will need a way of importing that markdown to your wordpress site as a post or custom post type. This tutorial examines how to do that via simple plugins.
1. Import Markdown
Import Markdown lets you easily generates posts based on Markdown files.
Markdown is a lightweight and easy-to-use syntax for creating HTML. Let’s see some of the advantages of using this emerging format with the Import Markdown plugin:
- Markdown is extremely easy to use, the tokens available with the Markdown syntax can be learned in less than 30 minutes.
- Markdown translates to perfect HTML. No missing closing tags, no improperly nested tags, no blocks left without containers.
- The Markdown files are simple text files editable with any text or code editor, on any operative system.
- The Markdown files are extremely lightweight text files which don’t need to be compressed to be transported or sent on the internet.
- Writing with the Markdown syntax requires and average of 25% less characters than writing HTML.
- You can stop thinking about html and focus on what’s important, the content.
- You can start writing your posts in your personal distraction free editor, like a simple text/code editor customized for your needs or one of the specific Markdown editors available on the market.
- Programmers no longer need to manually convert to HTML entities the problematic characters present in code snippets. The Markdown parsers do this job for you.
- With five included parser and three Markdown variations supported, this plugin can certainly satisfy even a Markdown expert who make use of any possibility provided by the syntax.
Step 1: Install it
Install this plugin by navigating
Plugins -> Add New within your Admin dashboard, then searching for ' Import Markdown ', then click
Install, then activate.
Alternatively you can head over here, download the plugin and then upload and extract it to your WordPress plugins folder.
How to Turn Video into a Blog Post | Transcribe Videos File to Text | YouTube Subtitles Download
Step 2: Use it
Use the plugin as shown in the below screenshots:
Read more here.Read Individually.